Hornady Precision Hunter 6.5 Creedmoor 143 Grain ELD-X Features:
Featuring the radically superior ELD-X bullet with Heat Shield tip, Precision Hunter is the ideal load for ANY hunting situation because of its effective terminal performance at ALL practical ranges. Featuring ELD-X Bullets with Heat Shield tip
- BEST-IN-CLASS BCS Verified by Doppler radar, the Heat Shield tip defies the effects of aerodynamic heating and retains its shape to maintain the highest-in-class BC over its entire trajectory.
- MATCH ACCURATE HUNTING BULLET Streamlined secant ogive with optimum boattail design highly concentric AMP bullet jackets Heat Shield tip combine for radically superior aerodynamic efficiency.
- DEVASTATING CONVENTIONAL RANGE PERFORMANCE With high velocity, 0-400 yard impact, the bullet continually expands throughout its penetration path. The thick shank of the jacket and high InterLock ring keep the core and jacket together providing 50-60% weight retention.
- BEST EXTENDED RANGE TERMINAL PERFORMANCE AVAILABLE Upon low velocity, 400-yard impacts, the Heat Shield tip drives backward into the bullet to initiate expansion. Exhibiting controlled expansion with a large mushroom and 85-90% retained weight, the bullet provides deep penetration and large cavities. Available as component bullets or in factory-loaded Precision Hunter ammunition.
The 6.5 Creedmoor 143 gr ELD-X Precision Hunter ammo from Hornady is ready to go. These are packed with the cleanest propellants on the market and achieves some of the finest accuracies. Mfr. #81499. Grab more than one box and save with flat rate shipping on all ammo.
Hornady® Precision Hunter™ Rifle Ammo 6.5 Creedmoor delivers match-grade accuracy with a high-tech, expanding hunting bullet—the ELD-X™ (Extremely Low Drag eXpanding). ELD-X™ bullets have extremely high ballistic coefficients, secant ogives, and a boattail design for an exceedingly streamlined and aerodynamic shape to reduce air drag, minimizing bullet drop and wind drift.
To counter the effect of heat deformation on the polymer tips, Hornady developed the Heat Shield™ tip, made from heat-resistant polymer, which maintains the bullet’s aerodynamics for ultimate accuracy. ELD-X Rifle Bullets have a thin jacket at the tip to initiate expansion and a thicker jacket at the base that is combined with an Interlock® ring to keep the core and jacket together to control expansion for optimum weight retention and deep penetration.
Hornady Precision Hunter Rifle Ammo 6.5 Creedmoor is made to deliver consistent ignition over a wide range of temperature extremes, and devastating terminal performance well beyond 400 yards.
- Designed for long-range hunting
- Match-grade accuracy
- Devastating terminal performance
- Extremely high ballistic coefficients
- Secant ogive and boattail design
- Heat Shield tip resists heat deformation
- Controlled expanding design
Loaded with the most advanced all-range hunting bullet available, Precision Hunter 6.5 Creedmoor Ammunition sets a new standard of accurate, deadly, and dependable hunting performance. Your trophy has never been closer– even if it’s far away! Featuring the radically superior ELD-X bullet with patented Heat Shield tip, Precision Hunter will soon be the “go-to” load for ANY hunting situation because of its effective terminal performance at ALL practical ranges.
The Heat Shield tip of the Hornady ELD-X 6.5 Creedmoor bullet defies the effects of aerodynamic heating and retains its shape to provide a perfect meplat (tip) that is always the same shape. A streamlined secant ogive with optimum boattail design, plus the highly concentric AMP copper bullet jackets, combined with the patent-pending Heat Shield tip creates a supremely accurate, high BC match bullet.
ELD-Match bullet BCs are measured with Doppler radar and corrected to standard atmospheric conditions. With high velocity, 0-400 yard impact, the bullet continually expands throughout its penetration path. The thick shank of the jacket and high Interlock ring keep the core and lead jacket together providing 50-60% weight retention. Upon low velocity, 400+ yard impacts, the Heat Shield tip drives backward into the bullet to initiate expansion.
Exhibiting conventional expansion with a large mushroom and 85-90% retained weight the bullet provides deep penetration and large wound cavities. This ammunition is new production, non-corrosive, in boxer primed, reloadable brass cases.